Snack Ideas for Diabetes
August 15, 2023
Is Flavor Off the Table?
How often have you pondered whether it’s possible to savor snacks without spiking your blood sugar? Good news: not only is it possible, but there are also some surprisingly delightful options to consider! While Topsy’s popcorn stands as a delightful choice, let’s explore a range of snacks that diabetics can safely indulge in.
Delicious and Diabetic-Friendly Snacks
Snacks don’t have to be complicated or break the bank. The following snack ideas are available at your local grocery store and maybe right in your refrigerator.
Consider these diabetic-friendly snack ideas:
- Hard Boiled Eggs: These little nutritional powerhouses don’t just make for an easy-to-carry snack, but they also play a crucial role in preventing sudden hikes in blood sugar. Hard boiled eggs are rich in protein and healthy fats. They offer sustained energy without the sugar spike.
- A Handful of Almonds: When those hunger pangs strike, a handful of almonds can be your go-to snack. The trio of fiber, protein, and healthy fats found in almonds work in tandem to stabilize blood sugar, ensuring you feel full and energized.
- Avocado: Often dubbed a superfood, avocados live up to the name, especially for diabetics. Their monounsaturated fatty acids can act as a buffer, preventing your blood sugar from taking a roller-coaster ride after meals.
- Sliced Apples with Peanut Butter: Here’s a combo that’s as tasty as it’s healthy. Apples, with their polyphenol antioxidants, may offer protection to pancreatic cells. Pair them with peanut butter, a source of both vitamin E and magnesium, and you have a snack that not only tantalizes your taste buds but also helps in managing diabetes.
- Popcorn: Now, who doesn’t love popcorn? It’s more than just a movie snack. Popcorn is low in calorie density, which means you can eat a larger volume without consuming a ton of calories. Perfect for those movie nights or afternoon munchies.
Speaking of popcorn, if you’re on the lookout for a snack that’s both delightful and diabetic-friendly, look no further than Topsy’s buttered popcorn.
Try Topsy’s Popcorn
Managing diabetes doesn’t mean sidelining your taste buds. With options ranging from hard-boiled eggs to apples slices and peanut butter, you can indulge in tasty snacks while keeping your blood sugar in check.
You could even try out Topsy’s Popcorn in small servings. Topsy’s popcorn is a great base to mix into just about anything. Popcorn and nuts, popcorn as a side rather than chips, popcorn can act as a great addition to any entrée.
Check out Topsy’s popcorn either online or by visiting one of our local Kansas City stores.