Popcorn or Nachos?
June 23, 2022
It is snack time. What will you have? Popcorn or nachos? Well, this may not be an easy decision to make. Whichever you go for, let us dive into why you need to choose either. In this read, we look at the health benefits of popcorn and nachos. Perhaps then, the decision will be easier to make.
What are nachos?
Some may refer to nachos as a snack, others as a dish; nevertheless, they are tortilla chips accompanied by cheese sauce, beans, meat, vegetables, and any other preferred sauce. Over the years, the traditional Mexican-style nachos have upgraded thanks to various recipes and a wide selection of toppings. The modern twists feature numerous ingredients, including:
- Sour cream
What are the Health Benefits of nachos?
If you are wondering if nachos are good for your health, then you will be delighted to know that they indeed have a considerable amount of nutritional value. The health benefits depend not just on the tortilla chips but also on the toppings you choose to go with and the method of preparation.
The ideal chips for nachos should be crunchy, thick, and twice-cooked so they can hold your toppings. Nutritionists recommend air-frying or baking the chips. The corn in the chips is rich in minerals such as thiamine, riboflavin, zinc, aluminum, calcium, magnesium, and iron, among other vital nutrients. Therefore, nachos complement your health by:
- Boosting your dietary fiber obtained from beans and vegetables
- Strengthening bones as cheese and sour cream are excellent sources of calcium and phosphorus.
- It promotes muscle growth when served with meat such as chicken, beef, and pork.
- Encouraging weight loss by providing the primary nutrients (carbs, fats, proteins, and fiber). They are also pretty satiating, thus eliminating the urge to eat more.
What is popcorn?
Popcorn is perhaps the most popular snack in the world. The early years of the delicacy stem thousands of years from South America. Before the advent of ceramic pots, popcorn machines, and microwaves, Aztecs grew a unique corn type. Then, it was an ornamental accessory and an essential part of traditional ceremonies.
Enough of history; popcorn remains a magic crop. The final product may be white, fluffy, flowery, and delicious, but its kernels are tough enough to break a tooth. Today, there are numerous ways to enjoy a snack—a wide array of delicious flavors, including chocolate, cheese, cinnamon, etc. The innovation does not end with the flavors, as Topsy’s has created innovative ways to enjoy the snack yourself or with friends and families.
What are the Health Benefits of Popcorn?
This delicious treat brings more than unique flavors to the table. Thanks to its vital health credits, the snack is undoubtedly a dietary hit. Popcorn is rich in fiber which is excellent for the gut. Since it is a corn variant, it also has a significant amount of carbs but a relatively lower calorie count.
In a nutshell, some of the fundamental benefits of eating popcorn include:
- Low risk of diabetes– popcorn has a significantly low glycaemic index(GI), thus helping maintain low blood sugar levels.
- Reduced risk of heart disease due to the prevalence of fiber reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Reduced risk of hypertension– popcorn with minimal or zero salt and butter helps regulate blood pressure.
- Promoted weight loss– It offers high fiber with low carbs and fewer calories. It is also highly salient, thus making you feel full for longer.
With all this information at your fingertips, it should be easier to take a pick. If you are ready for popcorn, head to the Topsy’s and discover different popcorn types and unique packaging designs. From Halloween to anniversaries, we give you a chance to customize your flavors and bucket designs to not only satisfy your taste buds but also fit your style. Buy yourself some Topsy’s popcorn and delight in the magic in every bite.