How Long Will Fresh Popcorn Last
May 18, 2022
Popcorn is one of the most popular snacks around the world. It’s versatile, easy to make, and nutritious. It is available in two different forms: fresh popcorn and tinned popcorn.
When choosing between types of popcorn, one with an end date that is at least six months away is ideal. This gives you plenty of time to enjoy the flavor.
In this article, you’ll discover whether fresh popcorn or tinned popcorn lasts longer.
How Long Does Fresh Popcorn Last?
Fresh popcorn is a treat that people love to enjoy with friends and family. But it can be disappointing when you open the bag to find that it has gone stale.
Fresh popcorn is best when eaten within three days of popping. If stored in an airtight container at room temperature, the life span will increase to two weeks.
How Long Does Popcorn in Tins Last?
Like to keep your favorite snack on hand at home or on the go? A tin of popcorn is one of the best options for keeping it fresh and tasty.
So how long does it last?
Tinned popcorn can last for at least 12 months from the packaging date when well stored. The popcorn can protect it from outside contaminants. Once opened, store tinned popcorn in an airtight container. Keep it in a cool place away from direct sunlight and heat sources to prolong its freshness.
Comparison Between Tinned Popcorn and Fresh Popcorn
Have you ever wondered how long popcorn in tins last compared to fresh popcorn? We’ve done some research for you, and we’re excited to share the results!
1. The first thing to note is that fresh popcorn has a shelf life of about two weeks if well stored. Tinned popcorn has a shelf life of more than six months -meaning it will last much longer than fresh popcorn!
2. Popcorn tins keep the kernels from getting crushed. They will stay fresh longer than the fresh popcorn stored in an open container or a paper bag.
3. Tinned popcorn tastes better than fresh popcorn. The longer it sits on your shelf, the less moisture it will lose, and the more tannins will build up inside it. This makes for some tasty kernels that are bursting with flavor when they hit your tongue!
4. Tinned popcorn is processed, packaged, and distributed in a vacuum. That’s right! This means there’s not enough oxygen to support the growth of mold or bacteria.
1. The shelf life of popcorn depends on how it’s stored. Popcorn stored in airtight containers lasts longer than those left in the open.
2. Popcorns go stale faster than other snacks. Fresh popcorn has a recommended eating span of up to three days from opening the bag or container.
3. Popcorn is a great source of fiber.
Why Choose Buy Tinned Popcorn From Topsy’s?
If you’re looking for a delicious and nutritious snack, look no further than Topsy’s. We offer a variety of gourmet popcorn, available in a range of rich flavors and customizable tins.
Get your hands on our delicious, tinned popcorn whenever you need it by visiting our website.