Can You Cook Popcorn in an Air Fryer?
February 24, 2023
Air fryers are one of the most popular appliances in any modern kitchen setting. They offer a great, fast, and fun way to cook any food, including popcorn. All you need is to invest in a quality air fryer for the popcorn to enjoy your tasty, crispy snack in minutes. This article will discuss what you should know about air frying popcorn.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a compact yet versatile countertop appliance that cooks, prepares, reheats, and roasts food. It works like a traditional oven but uses a powerful fan and a heating element to produce hot air (around 400 degrees Fahrenheit). This hot air helps cook food and healthy snacks like popcorn faster, making them crispy brown on the outside while tender and moist on the inside.
What Are Some of the Uses of an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a super versatile kitchen appliance that gives you a host of endless possibilities. It offers many uses, including:
- Reheating leftovers
- Preparing icy pre-made foods
- Cooking pizza, burgers, and meat steaks
- Crisping foods and snacks like popcorn and French fries
- Air-frying chicken breasts, salmon fillets, and vegetables like Brussels sprouts or carrots
- Dehydrating fruits to make apple chips
- Toasting or baking potatoes
- Roasting meat steaks and chicken chops
Expect tasty meals on your table regardless of how you use your air fryer. It delivers the power to make your foods and snacks, like popcorn, crunchy and tender with little oil.
Can You Make Popcorn with an Air Fryer?
Yes, you can make popcorn faster using an air fryer. It’s fun, easy, safe, and requires less oil than conventional appliances like a stovetop. You get freshly popped air fryer popcorn that tastes better than that from a microwave.
Before you start making popcorn in your air fryer, there are several items you’ll need for the best results. They include:
- Yellow or white popcorn kernels
- Tin foil for stopping the grains from falling into your air fryer’s basket.
- Oil with a high smoke rate, like sunflower and avocado oil, does not produce smoke as you cook.
Once you have these supplies, proceed to make your air fryer popcorn. Here are the steps to guide you:
- Put tin foil at the bottom of your air fryer’s basket if the holes are large, so your kernels don’t slip through.
- Coat your kernels in oil to achieve excellent results.
- Add ¼ cup of white or yellow popcorn kernels to the basket. Ensure you don’t overfill the basket so your seeds don’t burn in the heating element.
- Spray the popcorn kernels with oil.
- Set your air fryer to cook the kernels at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for around 8 minutes or until the popping stops.
- Open the basket carefully to avoid burning yourself and pour the popcorn into a bowl.
- Season your popcorn with salt or butter to taste as you like and enjoy.
Get Freshly Made Popcorn Today
Making popcorn in your air fryer is a good idea for getting a crisp, tender, and delicious snack. All you need is the best air fryer for popcorn and follow the correct steps to achieve the desired results.
If you’re looking for the best air fryer in Kansas City, we at Topsy’s, have what you need. We provide delicious, crunchy, and tender popcorn that satisfies your craving. Visit our website, call us at (816) 523-5555, or stop by one of our stores spread across the Kansas City area to buy our popcorn.